Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Week of Firsts!

Is she ready for school or what? Maddie started pre-school today. The first thing she told me after school was "guess what, I did not even get in trouble for talking once"...... She has already learned she has to raise her hand before she can talk!
Joshua's first day at his desk in Mrs. Malans class.

Getting ready to leave for second grade!!!


Both of our wonderful kids headed off to school.



NO training wheels!!!!





Maddie needed her helmet on too!
Well, so far Joshua thinks he likes second grade :) Homework started the first day and I thought he was going to have a fit, but he did good and is already reading about 40 pages per night! He said they are doing science and he likes that. He did not get in the same class with Sarah but we knew eventually that would happen, over 60 kids in one grade with three teachers....bound to happen at some point. We told him what a great chance to make new friends! He still sees Sarah on the playground at an lunch. He really is dealing with it well, so proud of him!
Now Maddie began private pre-school today. She wanted me to drop her off at the door!!!!! Sorry girlie, gotta sign you in and out each day, ha! She was nervous but that lasted about 2 minutes and she's ready to go back on Thursday! Our neighbor Addie is in her class too and that will be good since they see each other every day and are comfortable around each other! I think that really helped. She said they had snacks, played outside and thats all she remembers.....funny that is all Joshua ever remembered too!!
Very proud of our two kids, thought second grade would be no problem when we took him the first day...well, it was no problem for him.....now mommy on the other hand did not handle so well. And yes Mysty, I did WAIT until I got in the car to cry! Today when I dropped Maddie off, I was crying before I got out of the room...sigh.... they really do grow up right before our eyes. I can't even find the right words to say how much we love these kids and what wonderful, precious blessings they are to us!
Business is still fantastic, God is truely providing so much for us right now!
Until later,
The Wright's





2 comments:

Mysty and Anthony said...

I am soo proud of you for waiting!! You know those boys, sometimes they cry with you and other times they are so embarrased they almost crawl under the desk!!! I can't believe how big they are. I have been talking to you now for almost 3 years which means that Joshua was only in Kindergarten!! Can you believe it? I am so glad you put these pics up..I needed to see the kids. I know how smart Joshua is and I KNOW Maddie is smart (She's Chinese you know hahaha) so they are both going to do great! So proud of them being strong on their first days of school!
Today is our ONE YEAR anniversary of Gotcha day, so we are going to lunch to celebrate! Miss you guys and really hope to see you soon!!! Love you!

Mysty and Anthony said...

Hey now, it's time for more pics!!! I am dying here!! I check everyday and NADA!!! UUGGHHH How can I be okay not seeing you for almost a year if you don't keep this updated with pics from those beautiful children of yours??? AND how do I know what you are going to be an aunt to (boy or girl) if you don't keep me updated?? You are just falling short and I am just gonna have to come there and get you back on track if you don't straighten up!! HAHAHA You know I'm joking, well kinda!!! :) MISS YOU!!!! And love you!!