Friday, March 20, 2009

The basketball Star and the "kindergartener"!!

Cool shot huh?
Joshua's final game of the season.

Yes, this is our daughter in my shoes and bra and notice the "return of the jedi shirt".....stylish don't you think?!?!
First of all I cannot stress enough that this family is gald to see Spring is on its way. Jennifer battled strep throat this week, Joshua caught the fever part of it and has been down for two days and we are ready to be healthy! Ready to get outside, do some yard work and most of all go camping!! In our fifth wheel that is, sorry I like my own bathroom and such, I like to rough it but in my own camper :) Myrtle Beach is calling our names this year so in July we are heading there to camp right on the beach for a week. We did this a couple of years ago and it was great, you just jump in your golfcart and it takes about 2 minutes to get to the beach, can not wait!!!!
Maddie has some news she would like to share....ok, she's asleep so I will share. She is going to Kindergarten!!! And is very much excited. Her testing was today and she passed with flying colors, the testing teacher said it was a little hard to test her when Madelyn was telling HER what she should be doing, haha!! But the teacher knows Maddie very well and she was comfortable with her. I (Jennifer)was concerned about sending her too early but I was reassured today she is right on track and is above average to her peers, yay!! Madelyn will be 5 next month and two years ago April 9th, yes TWO YEARS AGO we received the call on Madelyn. Can you believe we have almost had her two years? After her testing we were talking with some teachers and I asked Maddie if she told them the Pledge of Allegance and she sighed and said "No, I guess I need to do that"....it was soooo funny. She likes to recite it for anyone who will listen!
Joshua is done with basketball and will start baseball practice soon. He is the opposite of Maddie and is ready for school to be over with for the year, he is very much and outdoors kid and is ready for warm weather, swimming and playing with the neighborhood kids every day. He's doing well in school and brings home mostly A's. A couple of B's this time but hey, thats ok. He would just rather be playing sports or with his friends. Oh and I can't forget he is telling his dad that when he turns 16 (yes he's 7 1/2) that he wants either a Jeep like daddys or maybe a hummer.........ok well high hopes and dreams are good I guess...right?!?!
Still no baby...sigh.....Ok, so I am not the one 9 months pregnant its my poor sister in law. We are patiently waiting for Miss Rylee Jane to greet us, my prediction was today and unless she decides to arrive like within the next two hours I think I lost! Maybe next week, we hope, although according to the Dr's (what do they know), Rylee still has a couple of weeks before she could actually be here...but really anytime they say!
Until next time....



No comments: