Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Our Family

The Four of Us
Our kids.

We had our family pictures taken back in October and here are a couple of my favorites. I made the mistake of letting Madelyn take a nap first and of course the first 30 pictures or so she would not smile. They turned out well anyway, Joshua loves to have his picture taken!

Must tell you about our wonderful son, once again! Sunday night at Church was our fellowship Thanksgiving meal. After the feast, our Pastor opened the message to anyone who would like to give thanks for anything. After about 15 minutes of those giving thanks, he started to close when Joshua rose his hand. There were about 150 people in the fellowship hall and my heart starting beating hard....what was he going to say? Pastor Rick asked him what he was thankful for this year and he simply said "My sister"........ok so tears started running down my cheeks...and many others I might add, they even started clapping for him. What an amazing six year old son we have, can't begin to say how proud of him we are. And he is so right, we are very thankful for this past year and for God allowing our daughter to be home with us for her very first Thanksgiving and our first with her. We have been looking forward to this for almost three years now!

Madelyn's lip is healing more each day. It is more becoming more evident that at least one plastic surgery is going to be needed to rebuild the lip portion that is gone but really she looks just great! The pictures above were taken before the accident, by the way!

Joshua has been battling broncitus for about a week and last night Madelyn decided to wake us up numerous times coughing and crying.......seems the medicine works immediately so I am thankful for that. If it wasn't for her coughing you would never know anything is wrong with her, she is such a tough kid!

Thanksgiving is at our home tomorrow and we'll have about 14 for dinner. Looking forward to the Turkey and all the fixin's. Joshua's favorite is pumpkin pie with cool whip so he is excited to.

Wishing all of you a very happy and safe Thanksgiving.
Matt, Jennifer, Joshua and Madelyn



2 comments:

Mysty and Anthony said...

Jen, those are absolutely gorgeous pictures!! I love them!! You know I have to have one if possible!! The kids look great and so do you and Matt (love your hair :) Yeah, you made tears come to my eyes to with the comment Joshua made. I too am so happy for you having Maddie home..she's really a true blessing! Oh and what a blessing in Joshua you have too! How blessed can you be :) I hope Thanksgiving went great...ours was good now the stresses of Christmas! I am thankful for our friendship! I hope we can get together again in Feb, I miss you! I hope that the kids are better...Olivia is coming down with something!! I know how the runny nose and coughing thing goes, that's what she's doing! Well, I love you and hope to talk to you soon! Give hugs to the kids and yourself and hit Matt for me!! HAHAHA Love ya!

julie w said...

Jennifer,
Love the pictures!!! I can't wait to meet Maddie. I hope we can get together over Christmas when we are in IL!
Love ya,
Julie